Technical Business Analyst
The global technology company IBM has been growing its software development capability in Budapest to develop and maintain its internal business applications. We have opened several roles for both highly experienced IT professionals as well as professionals with less experience but with passion, willingness and ability to learn fast. Come and join our great Agile teams and be part of our success in being in the forefront of technology. We are waiting for you in our modern office near Arpad bridge with a professional atmosphere, intuitive tools and a large set of learning opportunities.
You will be working on a global web application hosted in the IBM Cloud environment to enhance the application for the existing programs. Your team will be responsible to translate the business requirements into technical requirements and drive their implementation in an agile development approach. The new solution is using a modular architecture using micro services and APIs to interface with other enterprise applications.
As part of a dedicated, Agile team, you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the product owner and process teams to ensure their requirements are documented as a complete user story, and then work with the solution architect and lead developer to ensure the requirements can be handled technically and driven into a total IT solution. Document and analyse requirements from a business perspective, define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with Business SME's and the IT Architect to ensure proper translation of business requirements to IT solution requirements. This role must engage in all areas of the projects activities including move to production activities, to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
- Gain a deep overall knowledge of both the application (includes up and down stream system interface, data flows and a general knowledge of the business process), to be in a position to support all requests that pass through to the team. This should also include ensuring complete documentation exists to support this activity.
- Have a detailed understanding of controls and compliance, and leverage that understanding to ensure high compliance and data privacy standards are met.
- Ensure that quality code is delivered by working with all members of the delivery team. This should be accomplished by supporting the problem management activities and working effectively with our support teams and product / process partners to resolve application issues in timely manner, avoiding low quality data processing.
- Gain a broad working knowledge of the overall business processes that relate to the incentive plans for the IBM business partners. Identify process and system improvement opportunities by partnering with internal teams, monitoring metrics and analyzing performance. Partner across the sub domain on best practices
- Work in the Agile way of working and help the team to adopt DevOps practices.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to translate business requirements into IT requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Task ownership, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Understanding of business application support (Problem /Change management process)
- Testing & Test Management experience
- Experience with Agile and DevOps frameworks (Kanban, Scrum, Scrumban)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering
- Previous experience with DB2/SQL and Cloudant
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.