Tech People is a European provider of technical skills permanent recruitment and temporary contracting services for multiple industries.
Now we are searching candidates for the following position for one of our clients to Germany.
About the testing department:
ENGLISH SPEAKER SOFTWARE TESTER, BERLIN (E-T01)
About this job
- They provide graphics software that performs most of the painstaking work of creating data-driven slides for professional Excel and PowerPoint users. As part of our technical support team, the testing department checks for usability and understandability of new features. It is up to the testing department to find out if features are available for all use cases.
- Since they are seamlessly integrated into Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, we have to pay close attention to compatibility with the supported Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Operating Systems, and their respective updates. It is up to the testing department to review those updates, install and test them in detail. As a software tester at them, you will work on products that over 500,000 professionals world-wide rely on.
- Every time an error occurs within our software, regardless of whether you, a customer or a colleague found it, we require a detailed and reliable reproduction of the error to fully understand, and subsequently resolve, the problem. You will be responsible for delivering the details that make it possible for us to reproduce the problem with ease on another computer.
- Our testing department also writes error reports in our internal system that document the error and everything related to it. After the error has been resolved by our developers, it is up to you to check if the problem has really disappeared. You will also be responsible for documenting the knowledge that you have gained in this process in our internal Knowledge Base.
- Software is constantly being developed, and you get to take care of the proper functioning of all new features. This includes not only checking for faults but also for logical consistency, and intelligibility of our products. Every time we issue a new version, which we regularly do, it is up to you to perform a final release test.
- As you cannot constantly test every single feature of the software, we have developed automatic test routines. It will be an important part of your job to develop, advance and maintain these automatic tests. As we need to know whether it works with tablets, PCs, docking stations, smart phones etc., you will often get to test new hardware, too.
- As our testers independently structure their work, we are looking for applicants with a high level of self-motivation. Some experience with Microsoft Office, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel, are a plus. We will be happy to teach you the rest. This position requires that you are fluent in both written and spoken English. Our testing department is still growing. This allows you to influence and build up your own working environment.
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Degree, preferably in the IT field.
- Affinity with software.
- Careful, with an eye for detail.
- Good communicative and analytical skills.
- Good command of English.
Working hours: normal business hours
Job opportunity: employee position
In case you are interested please register online.
You can call: +36-30-730-2549