The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recognized as a world leader in providing health and beauty products and solutions across Baby, Beauty, Healthcare and OTC medicines. The breadth and depth of our product portfolio is truly impressive and constantly expanding as we strive to bring science to the art of healthy living TM.
Each one of our consumer health businesses embraces cutting-edge science to create products that are doctor-recommended, helping you and your family to be well and stay well. As a result, our consumer companies produce many of the world’s most trusted brands. Taking health and well-being to the next level.
The Consumer sector of Johnson & Johnson is now looking for an experience Business Support Analyst:
BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST
Full time permanent contract
Business support analyst provides analysis, ad hoc reporting, and regular sales analytical support to commercial management.
- Is responsible for publishing standard set of local operational and management reports.
- Prepares presentations and reports to support commercial management in business reviews and regular sales calls.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc integrated data gathering (from both internal and external sources), consolidation and analysis for commercial team and commercial leadership to facilitate identifying potential market opportunities.
- Utilizes or coordinates business systems to gather key information on sales, cost, and key activity information.
- Develops and conducts training in the effective use of data (internal, third party and contracted), applications, and tools provided to improve commercial team's data savviness.
- Regularly analyzes sales promotions from the aspect of ROI (pre and post - event), efficiency, profitability and impact on market results from internal and external aspects.
- Analyzes and interprets both internal and external factors that affect sales performance.
- Develops and administers special projects related to regional/global initiatives such as RGM,
process optimizations, and other commercial initiatives.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with cluster and regional teams.
- Troubleshoots inquiries about account alignments and performance data with internal (COE) and
external (vendors/customer) partners.
- Min 3 years FMCG background is required. Preferably in Health & Beauty sector
- Acquired Bachelor’s / University degree in Statistics, Economy, Business Administration or
- Fluency in English both in written and spoken, native level of Hungarian
- Basic financial knowledge – revenue cycle oriented – familiar with trade margin structures
- Proactive business support attitude
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access
- Good knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Experience in SAP / AC Nielsen or any other financial system is an advantage
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details, including a thorough understanding of how
to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational
- Problem solving analytical and numerical skills, ability to draw conclusions based on performed
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development
- Motivating financial remuneration
- Many employee benefits
If you are interested in this role and you fulfill the requirements set above, do not hesitate to send us your CV and cover letter in English via MyCareerOpportunities.net, EmployeeReferrals.jnj.com or via careers.jnj.com