Tech People is a European provider of technical skills permanent recruitment and temporary contracting services for multiple industries.
We are now searching for a
PURCHASING MANAGER (Automotive) (LAV-5984)
- Manage the purchasing activities (AUTOMOTIVE, ELECTRONICS / ELECTRICAL MANUFACTURING) ensuring quality, cost, delivery, risk-management and environmental performance;
- Develop the SOURCING STRATEGY for the various categories of purchased items;
- Develop and maintain a PRICE MANAGEMENT strategy for the various categories of purchased items;
- DEVELOP SUPPLIERS through project focused activity;
- Manage NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION, investigating parts and components and aligning suppliers to ensure effective implementation;
- Adopting a proactive approach to ANALYZE SUPPLIER MARKETS including price level studies and undertaking detailed analysis;
- Identify COST REDUCTION and avoidance opportunities and take actions to realize the opportunities;
- Lead and manage the Purchasing Team for both DIRECT suppliers and INDIRECT SUPPLIERS;
- Review, develop and maintaining PURCHASING PROCESSES in line with ISO/TS 16949;
- Assisting the manufacturing sites during escalation of supplier quality and logistics issues.
- College/University Degree in Engineering or Business;
- 5-8 years of relevant experiences (Purchasing Manager, Sourcing Manager) in the Automotive/Electronics sector;
- Experience in quality management with formal qualification and with good knowledge of quality systems and AUTOMOTIVE QUALITY REQUIREMENTS;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Ability to work alone and under pressure;
- Honesty, reliability, integrity, proactivity;
- Good organisational skills.